Nagpur: The Ruling Party’s ‘poll-bound, please-all’ One Time Settlement (OTS) scheme for pending water dues takes off from June 16. The scheme will last till June 30, a period the defaulters, over 50000, feel too short a period to take the benefits in full. The local body has decided to give benefit to the water consumers, who are struggling for their pending dues since long. The OTS scheme runs like this: If a person is having pending dues of Rs 100 and he has a penalty of Rs 20 on it. Then the penalty will be waived off from Rs 100 that means the total bill is Rs 80. Then they will reduce it to 50 per cent and the person will have to pay only Rs 40 of pending dues. Water bills of around Rs 109 crore pending on the consumers including Rs 19 crore of interest on dues. After waive off the interest from the bill, the remaining Rs 90 crore will be reduced to Rs 45 crore only. The local body will give only 15 days time to settle the bills and if any one fail in taking benefit of this golden opportunity, then he/she will have to face music. The residents, slum dwellers, government colonies, government hospitals, and colleges will be benefited in this scheme.
The consumers having pending dues above Rs 2,000 will get benefit in this scheme.
The water dues can be remitted at following banks:
• Bank of Maharashtra:
• Monday to Friday: Morning 9 to afternoon 3 except holidays.
• Branches: Sitabuldi, Dharampeth, Itwari, Mahal, Hanuman Nagar, Shankar Nagar, Deonagar, Bharatnagar, Hingna, Wardhaman Nagar, Sadar Bazaar, Mirchi Bazaar, Nandanvan Colony and at other branches.
• Indian Bank:
• Monday to Saturday: Morning 10 to 3.30 pm.
• Branches: Mahal, Manewada, Wardhaman Nagar, Shivaji Nagar, Karve Nagar on Wardha Road.
• Sadhana Sahakari Bank:
• Monday to Saturday: Morning 9.30 to 2 pm.
• Branches: Jaripatka, Gandhibagh, Maskasath, Ayodhya Nagar.
Similarly, the water bills can be paid at all the 10 zonal offices of NMC from 9 am to 5 pm on all working days.
– Rajeev Ranjan Kushwaha ( email@example.com )