Nagpur: The Budget of Nagpur Improvement Trust (NIT) for 2016-17 was on Monday presented by Acting Chairman Sachin Kurve. Other dignitaries present on the occasion include Pandit Ghughe, Sandeep Bapat (Executive Officer of NIT), Adhari (Trustee), Sudhir (Bandu) Raut (Trustee), Sunil Gujjelwar (Chief Engineer of NIT), Bhushan Shigne (Trustee), Vilas Kawale (Chief Finance Officer of NIT) and others.
The major feature among others is that the NIT will spend Rs 200 crore for development works in unauthorised layouts from approved/disapproved layouts under Gunthewari Scheme. The State Government has sanctioned the amount and the share of NIT will be Rs 90 crore. Rs 48 crore has been provided as expenses out of funds recovered on account of charges of 572 and 1900 unauthorised layouts.
Other salient features of the NIT Budget are:
Construction of Housing Scheme:
- A provision of Rs 55 crore has been made in 2016-16 for construction of 448 flats including 168 flats for low income group and 280 for middle income group at Shesh Nagar in Wathoda, 2000 flats in Mauza Hazaripahad, 766 flats in proposaed housing project at Sangharsh Nagar on NIT land.
Cultural and commercial complex:
- A provision of Rs 3 crore has been made for construction of a cultural hall Construction of a Tawn Hall at Ring Road Nari is in progress. Cultural Hall at Bhange Layout has been completed.
Private and Public Participation projects:
- Schools at Nari and Chikhli (Deo).
- Vegetable Market at Indora.
- Social Auditorium.
- Business Hall at Gokulpeth Market.
- Multi-level car parking on Central Avenue Road.
- Police Housing.
Planning and development of Metro Region:
- NIT has been appointed as “Special Planning Authority” for Nagpur Metropolitan Region thus expanding the area of work for NIT which now includes 9 tehsils. 720 villages are included in Nagpur Metro Region covering an area of 3577 sq km.
Garden and Beautification:
- Rs 8 crore have been provided for development and beautification of gardens.
Public Welfare Department’s Hostel:
- A provision of Rs 10 crore has been made for construction of Public Welfare Department’s Hostel at Sant Chokhamela Hostel premises near Deekshabhumi Square. The Hostel will have capacity to accommodate 1000 boys and girls. A hostel for 500 boys has been proposed at Mauza Wanjri.
Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Convention Foundation Centre:
- The State Governm,ent has sanctioned Rs 113.74 crore for construction of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Convention Foundation Centre near Lal Godown, Kamptee Road. Rs 22 crore have been received by NIT and a provision of Rs 30 crore has been made in Budget for this project.
Beautification and development of Hazaratbaba Tajuddin Dargah:
- A provision of Rs 40 crore has been made for construction of pathway, CCTV installation, ISR, Urs ground shopping complex, streetlights, high-mast lights, protection wall, stone gate, beautification.
Development of tourism places:
Housing Scheme for Police:
Administrative Building for Sub-Regional Transport Office (East).
A 2000-capacity hall to be constructed under the late Vasantrao Naik Birth Annivversary Year Scheme.