Nagpur: The Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) held on July 10, Friday, elections of office-bearers on various special committees in the presence of presiding officer, District Collector Sachin Kurve, in the NMC premises here in the city.
Except the fire fighting committee, the office-bearers on various other committees were elected unopposed, and in certain cases some contestants withdrew their nominations in support of the elected ones. Their committee-wise details are as follows:
1) Civil, Electricity and Project: Sunil Agrawal (chairman) and Rajesh Ghodpage (vice chairman)
2) Medical Service and Health: Devendra Mehar (chairman) and Meenatai Tidke (vice chairperson)
3) Law : Adv Sanjaykumar Balpande (chairman) and Adv Rekha Barahate (vice chairperson)
4) Education : Gopal Bohare (chairman) and Divya Ghurde (vice chairperson)
5) Slum-development and Housing: Sandeep Jadhav (chairman) and Anita Wankhede (vice chairperson)
6) Sports: Harish Dikondkar (chairman) and Nita Thakre (vice chairperson)
7) Women and Child Welfare: Rashmi Fadnavis (chairperson) and Sadhana Barde (vice chairperson)
8) Water Supply : Sandeep Joshi (chairman) and Pravin Narad (vice chairman)
9) Tax Assessment and Collection: Girish Deshmukh (chairman) and Kanta Sarokar (vice chairperson)
10) Fire Fighting: Munna Yadav (chairman) and Bandu Raut (vice chairman)
After announcement of election results the presiding officer Sachin Kurve gave away ‘Tulsi-plant’ and a host of wishes to each elected office-bearer of various committees in the prominent presence of deputy district election officer M A Raut, Dy commissoner R Z Siddiqi and NMC secretary Harish Dubey.
The elected office-bearers were also greeted by NMC mayor Pravin Datke, BJP city president and MLA Krishna Khopde, MLA Vikas Kumbhare, MLA Sudhakar Kolhe, Standing Committee chairman Ramesh Shingare, Leader of Ruling Party Dayashankar Tiwari, Muslim League leader Aslam Khan and a host of former and present NMC office bearers, informed a press release issued by NMC.
– RAJEEV RANJAN KUSHWAHA(email@example.com)