The National Testing Agency (NTA) has opened a short correction window from January 14, 2019, 11 AM onwards till January 31, 2019, 11.50 PM. NTA is offering this one-time opportunity to make any corrections that applicants feel are needed on their NEET 2019 Application Form.
The Application Form of NEET 2019was available from November 1 till December 7, 2018. Initially, soon after the submission of the Application Form, the NTA authority had reviewed the submitted forms and notified the concerned registered candidates regarding the discrepancy in the uploaded passport size photograph or signature through email. Such candidates were supposed to upload correct scanned images within a week of receiving the mail. However, keeping in view a large number of mistakes that have been committed in the NEET application forms, NTA has opened this correction window only for students who had submitted the application form earlier within the deadline.
NTA has also clearly specified that no requests for further correction in the NEET Application Form will be entertained once the correction window closes on its due date.
The data that candidates can edit in the NEET Application Form are:
- Date of Birth
- Disability Status (if any)
- Identification Mark
- State Code of Eligibility
- Preferred Medium of Examination
- Choice of Examination Center
Please note that the following two particulars cannot be changed in the NEET Application Form:
- State Eligibility of Quota
Candidates can crosscheck their NEET application forms at the login portal and make corrections pertaining to the above-mentioned data if required.
For general information, NEET 2019 will be conducted on May 5 for MBBS/ BDS admission. The admit cards for the examination will be released on April 15 and the results are expected to be released on June 5, 2019.
Applicants should bear in mind the following important points regarding the NEET application form correction:
- The correction facility is a one-time opportunity.
- Once the corrections are made and form submitted, no further requests for any other changes will be entertained by the authorities.
- The Correction Facility is available only for the specified dates.
- NTA will not allow any request for change beyond the scheduled dates.
How to Make NEET Application Form Correction?
NEET Application Form correction can be made in the following easy steps:
- Visit the official website of NEET, i.e. https://ntaneet.nic.in/
- Click on the ‘Candidate’s Login’ link.
- Type in your credentials, i.e., Registration ID and Password and click on “Submit” to log in.
- Select the link for NEET Application Form Correction.
- Make the required corrections in the form wherever necessary.
- Review, save and click to submit.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID to verify your claim to correct the NEET Application Form.
- Enter the received OTP number and hit Submit.
- A message will be displayed on-screen reminding once again that the correction facility is a one-time affair and once the form is submitted no further corrections in the form will be allowed.
- Confirm this message and proceed to submit the application form.
- A correction confirmation slip will be generated online. Take a printout of the same for the records.
Correction of Uploaded Images in NEET Application Form
Some of the NEET 2019 applicants have received an email notification from NTA regarding the disconformity in uploaded image specifications. The correct images are supposed to be uploaded within a week of the notification. The procedure to upload the correct images is similar to that of data correction in the NEET Application Form.
Please note, that the changes incorporated during the correction window might require the payment of an additional fee which will be notified on screen once the form is submitted. You will be able to make the payment (if any) online before the NEET 2019 application correction window closes.