Nagpur: The fourth major action taken by the cops of Zone-1 where the accused have been booked under the MCOCA was undertaken on February 24, 2016.
While addressing a press meet on February 24, 2016, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone-1) Shailesh Balkawde said that on February 2, 2016, a case of murder was registered in Wadi Police Station.
DCP Balkawde said that the victim identified as Mariba Sahebrao Jadhav (35), resident of 8th Mile was brutally attacked with sword-like weapons by a group of persons as fallout of alleged illicit relationship. The main accused suspected to be the victim was allegedly having an illicit affair with his wife that resulted in the murderous assault. The sensational incident occurred near 8th Mile on Nagpur-Amravati Road. It is further reported that the injured Mariba was allegedly having illicit relationship with the wife of main accused Shravan Dhawrad. Out of this suspicion, the main accused Dhawrad and his 3-4 accomplices attacked Mariba with sword-like weapons in his house itself and injured him grievously. The profusely bleeding Mariba Jadhav was taken to Mayo Hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries and died late in the evening.
Cops had succeeded in arresting the main accused Shravan Dhawrad and had mounted a search to nab other accused accomplices. Regular tab on the accused and clever investigations have led to the arrest of the remaining 9 accused.
The main accused Shravan Dhawrad had independently and jointly forming a gang had committed many grave offences and as many as 23 cases have been registered against him and his accomplices. The Wadi Police had on several occasions had initiated preventive action too. However, observing no change and where the main accused Shravan Dhawrad and his accomplices have continued to cause panic and terror in the society, the Police had proposed the MCOCA action against Shravan Dhawrad and his gang in the court. After going through the proposal of the police, the court has finally granted the accused to be sent to Magisterial Custody under MCOCA.
The ten accused are identified as:
- Shravan Dhawrad aged 35 years and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Shubham Charandas Mende aged 22 years and a resident of Palkar Nagar, 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Nilesh alias Chotu Gyaneshwar Gawwai aged 22 years and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Deepak alias Vittal Ravi Attankar aged 19 years and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Pankaj Baldeo Wankhede aged 21 years and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Piyush Arunendra Singh aged 19 years and a resident of Navneen Nagar, Wadi.
- Bheema Vijay Borkar aged 28 years and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Yogesh Shankar Maind aged 26 years and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Narendra alias Naru Ramkhilawan Pande aged 26 years and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
- Sachin Premsingh Rathore and a resident of 8th Mile, Wadi.
Formerly these accused were booked under Crime Case No 93/2016 Section 302, 307, 324, 449, 143, 147, 148, 149 of Indian Penal Code and Sub Section 135.
Later the Wadi Police had booked all the accused under Sections 3 of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, 1999 (MCOCA).
The investigations were carried out by Assistant Commissioner of Police Mane, In-charge of MIDC, Wadi and other police stations. Under the guidance of Commissioner of Police S P Yadav, Joint Commissioner of Police Rajwardhane, Additional Commissioner of Police Shrikant Tarwade, Deputy Commissioner of Police Shailesh Balkawde was carried out by Assistant Commissioner of Police Mane (as is the condition of MCOCA).