Nagpur: The members of Maharashtra Association of Resident Doctors (MARD) at Government Medical College and Hospital at Nagpur (GMCH) called for strike to press for justice for Dr Ashok Pal of Yavatmal on Saturday. As a part of protest the doctors have decided not to render duties in non-emergency healthcare services on Saturday.
Dr Pal was murdered in the campus of Yavatmal’s Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College.
The Association of State Medical Interns (ASMI) and Students Association of Government Medical College (SAGMC), too, supported MARD in this protest.
Resident doctors of GMCH Nagpur has given a letter along with students association and Interns for joining fight for Justice For Dr Ashok Pal to the authorities. In the letter, MARD has said that all non-emergency services would be withdrawn from Saturday morning.
The MARD said, “Like last strike, the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where patients suffering from COVID-19 are kept, other ICUs, COVID-19 laboratories, labour room, casualties will be well taken care of.”
MARD has pressed for following demands:
1. The Culprit of this horrendous incidence be arrested within12 hours maximum and compensation of minimum Rs. 50 lacs should be provided by government to Family of Dr. Ashok Pal.
2. 1 MSF Guard per Ward to ensure safety of Doctors and Hospital staff that work and stay in the wards.
3. Only 1 relative be allowed with the patient at a time.
A strict pass system be implemented to ensure only identified and noted people enter the hospital premises.
4. Strict checking at entry gates of every person entering GMCH campus.
5. 24x 7 Working CCTV cameras and street lights in the Whole campus with minimum blind spots