Nagpur: The Divisional Commissioner Anoop Kumar on Friday said that the Division has achieved a new high in revenue recovery by exceeding the target of Rs 43098 lakh. The recovery stood at Rs 45729.77 lakh or 106.11 in percentage in 2014-15 as compared to the year 2013-14. For the year 2015-16, the Government has fixed the target of Rs 53289.24 lakh. The Division is making all out efforts to hit the target, said Anoop Kumar while briefing media during a press conference on Friday.
The Divisional Commissioner further said that the implementation of significant Maharashtra Right to Public Services Ordinance, 2015 has commenced in right earnest. The Revenue Department has included 15 services to be provided during a specified period under the Right to Public Service Ordinance and a notification in this respect has been published by all District Collectors on July 13, 2015. It is mandatory for the concerned officials/employees to provide the said 15 services within the stipulated period. If it is not done then there is a provision for appeal, said Anoop Kumar.
Lands for national/state level projects allotted:
Anoop Kumar said that Government lands for different ambitious projects announced by the Government have been allotted that include:
• Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT): This prestigious Institute has been allotted a 40.7 hectares (100 acres) land in Mauza Varanga in Nagpur Rural on 22.6.2015.
• Central Power Research Institute (CPRI), Bangalore: This institute has been allotted 49.1 hectares (121 acres) of land at Mauza Dhuti in Nagpur Rural on 2.7.2015.
• National Law University has been granted 54.17 hectares land in Mauza Kaldongri in Nagpur Rural out of which 60 acres of land has been allotted on 22.9.2015.
• Indian Institute of Management (IIM): A land admeasuring 200 acres has been allotted to this institute at Mauza Dahegaon Sector 20. The IIM initially is being run from VNIT premises and has started First Year course.
• All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS): A 200 acre land of MIHAN Project has been sanctioned for AIIMS at Mauza Dahegaon in Nagpur Rural.
• National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER): A proposal to allot 27.48 hectares of land at Mauza Mohgaon in Nagpur Rural has been submitted to Government on 14.8.2015.
• For Nagpur Metro Rail Project, formalities at District Collector level have been completed 30 hectares of land in Nagpur City/Rural.
The Divisional Commissioner also highlighted other achievements and measures through which the working style of several Governments has been streamlined such as e-governance system, Government Receipt Accounting System (GRAS), organizing of camps for distribution of certificates necessary for admissions in schools/colleges, ferfar adalats, package distribution for Gosikhurd project affected, Swachha Bharat Mission both in Nagpur Rural and Urban areas, implementation of Jalyukta Shivar aimed at making the State water scarcity-free etc.