Published On : Mon, Aug 1st, 2016

Mystery shrouds IAF Group Captain’s suicide in his Gittikhadan house

IAF Group Captain's Suicide, Nagpur News
In a shocking incident, a Group Captain of Indian Air Force (IAF) was found to have committed suicide under mysterious circumstances. Identified as Manim S Jaisimha (47), the IAF officer reportedly ended his life by hanging to the ceiling fan hook in his Flat No. 202, Green City Apartment, near Friends Colony here in the wee hours of Sunday (July 31). The exact reason behind Jaisimha taking the extreme step could not be ascertained. However, sources say that mental stress due to family matter or other domestic issues could have forced the IAF officer end his life. But all these assumptions and presumptions are subjects of investigation. An in-depth probe may find out the truth.

According to police, the Group Captain Jaisimha hanged himself from a ceiling fan in his bedroom with a rope at around 3.45 am. He was taken to Air Force Hospital in Vayusena Nagar where doctors declared him dead. The deceased was attached to Air Force Station at Sonegaon in city. The officer’s wife and 10-year-old daughter were at home when the incident occurred.

Gittikhadan police, who are investigating the matter, said that the IAF officer went to bedroom while his wife and daughter were watching television. As he did not come out from the room, his wife went to to find the reason but was shocked to find Jaisimha hanging to the ceiling fan with a rope motionless. She raised an alarm immediately. Hearing her cries, neighbours gathered at her house and took Jiasimha to Air Force Hospital at HQMC. However, the doctors, after examining the Group Captain, pronounced him brought dead. A team of cops from Gittikhadan Police Station to reached the hospital and after the initial investigation, sent Jaisimha’s body to GMCH for post-mortem.

PSI Madankar, based on a complaint of Rainak Mahesh Paranjape (20) of the same area, registered a case of accidental death and launched an in-depth investigation.

The Senior Police Inspector of Gittikhadan R D Nikam has confirmed the death of the IAF Group Captain as suicide. “Prima facie, it seems to be a suicide. We are investigating the case from all angles thoroughly,” Nikam said.