As the Assembly elections in Maharashtra drawing closer and closer those hopefuls who are eying a particular constituency are sparing no efforts to woo the voters and have gone on development spree or at least depicting the picture through wide publicity. Minister of State for Finance and Energy Rajendra Mulak is one of them. After getting approval for a slew of development works in Police Line Takli and Amabazari Wards in West Nagpur constituency, the Minister has now embarked on development of Gorewada Ward. All these activities point out that Mulak is systematically cementing his claim for Congress ticket from West Nagpur constituency in the forthcoming elections.
Rajendra Mulak has got development works in the backward Gorewada Ward at the cost of Rs 2.80 crore. The development works have been focused on improving road network. Following works have been approved in the Ward:
1) Rs 26.50 lakh to be spent on WBM road (Water Bound Macadam) in Uthhan Nagar.
2) Rs 10 for tarring of road from Rahim’s house to Ali’s house in Jaffernagar.
3) Rs 3 lakh for lighting in Jaffernagar, Jagruti Nagar and other areas.
4) Rs 50 lakh for tarring of internal roads in Suraj Nagar and Bodhade Layout.
5) Rs 15 lakh for construction of sewer line in Uthhan Nagar.
6) Rs 10 lakh for bouldering of road of Khasra No. 82/1 in Shashikant Housing Society.
7) Rs 45 lakh for tarring of roads in Welcome Society, Ayyappa Nagar, Samajbhushan Layout, Mauza Zingabai Takli, road from Kalbande Nursing Home to Tirupati Bank and road going to crematorium in Narmada and Natraj Societies.
8) Rs 35 lakh for construction of bridge over Nullah passing through Rathod Layout-Sangamnagar.
9) Rs 28 lakh for laying storm drainage pipeline near Gosul Azam Masjid.
10) Rs 17 lakh for tarring of road in Uthhan Nagar.
The Minister of State for Finance and Energy Rajendra Mulak has also made a provision of Rs 45 lakh from his MLC’s Fund for various development activities in Gorewada Ward.
The residents of Gorewada Ward including Nitish Gwalbanshi, Meena Barde, Ghanshyam Mange, Ishwar Barde, Owais Kadri, Mukim Khan, Indutai Pund, Virendra Shukla, Haji Mohd Israil Sheikh, Anjali Atram, Edvin Francis, Pascal Tambe, Avinash Patil, and others thanked Mulak for his citizens-oriented initiatives.