Published On : Tue, Sep 8th, 2015

Mother-son duo, two others killed in separate road accidents, angry residents jam traffic

accident 15
Nagpur: The Second Capital City of Nagpur unfailingly continues to grab headlines for fatal road accidents even as four persons, including a mother-son duo, were killed in two separate mishaps on Tuesday (September 8) morning. The spurt in road accidents and the number of fatalities has raised question marks over the traffic management and the role of cops.

The first mishap was reported from Wadi area. Two riders of a Bajaj Discover motorcycle (MH-31/ER 7174) Manoj Johar (31) and his friend were proceeding towards Amravati in the early hours of Tuesday morning. When the duo reached near Shahanshah Hotel, a truck coming from opposite direction rammed their motorcycle head on. The powerful impact resulted in serious injuries to both Manoj and his friend and they died on the spot. The collision was so forceful that the motorcycle was reduced to mangles of steel. Shockingly, the bloody bodies of Manoj and his friend lay on the road for quite a time before passersby informed the police. Cops from Wadi Police Station reached the spot. The driver of the killer truck reportedly sped away from the spot without bothering the fate of the two victims. After completing paper formalities, the cops sent bodies of Manoj and his friend to a Government hospital for post-mortem and investigating the matter further.

accident 12
In the second incident occurred near Pili Nadi, a mother-son duo was killed.  According to police, Rajani Amol Gondule and her son were going to some place in the morning. At the same time, a speeding dumper hit the mother-son duo killing them on the spot. After the fatal accident, angry people resorted to ‘chakka jam’ and demanded immediate arrest of truck driver. The ‘chakka jam’ led to traffic jam and situation threatened to volatile. The Police Officer Suchita Mandavale and her team from Yashodhara Police Station rushed to the spot and appealed people to remain calm. The cops pacified the angry residents and brought the situation under control. Later, bodies of the mother-son duo were sent to a Government hospital for post-mortem. Cops were carrying out investigation till the last reports came in.