Nagpur: India seems to have increased troubles for underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, as the UAE government has started taking action against the notorious element. The UAE has handed over to India a list of steps being taken against him including seizure of unnamed property possessed by him.
It may be recalled that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, accompanied by National Security Advisor, Ajeet Dobhal, had visited UAE last month, and a list of property possessed by Dawood was handed over to UAE government, which now seems to be taking officially desired steps in favour of India. The action was initiated last month, said the sources.
It is worth mentioning here that Union Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, talking to a media channel on Sunday, had said that the enemies of India, wherever they be, should not be under wrong impression that India is not at all concerned about them. When asked by media that even after 15 months of formation of Modi government, nothing visible had been done against fugitives seeking shelter in Pakistan, except sending dossiers after dossiers, his prompt reply was, “All sorts of measures would be used (sam-dam-dand-bhed, meaning diplomacy, money or allurement, fear or punishment and dive-rule policy).”
It is note-worthy that Dawood, sojourning at Pakistan, is engaged in anti-India activities. Despite denials, his stay in Pakistan has been confirmed by various media reports, claiming that he keeps small hair on head with clean shaven face, not sporting moustache.
Security agencies have confirmed that Dawood and his family Mahzabeen Sheikh reside in Karachi with their address, as, D-13, Karachi Development Authority Scheme-5, Cliffton, Karachi, with the April month’s telephone-bill of the same address. It was also revealed that Dawood had two more addresses and possessed four Pakistani passports issued from Karachi in the name of Sheikh Dawood Hassan Sheikh Ibrahim.
Moreover, Pakistani Gen Raheel Sharief, according to reports published in Dawn (Rawalpindi) news daily, dated Sept 7, 2015, has claimed that all possible protection would be provided to Dawood Ibrahim and Hafiz Saeed.