Published On : Tue, Aug 25th, 2015

Millennium School Nagpur to shut operations from Oct 1; Principal takes ‘U-turn’ over letter!

Millennium School NagpurNagpur: In what may baffle many parents whose wards are studying in The Millenium School at Fetri on Katol road in Nagpur, the school administration has recently issued letters to them regarding closure of school from October 1, 2015. The letter signed by the School Principal Sudha Pande stated that the school would run till 30th September, post which date the students would have to be shifted to other schools which have been tied up with the school. Not only this, the fee refund process along with refund of the cost incurred on books and uniforms were also mentioned in the letter. The school currently houses students from class 1 to class 7, whereas the students taken in for class 8 and 9 reportedly left after the school was not granted permission to continue.

The letter cited the Maharashtra Government’s Education Department’s instructions (Vide letter no. 985-31-2015, dated May 6, 2015) to shut operations, as the reason behind the major move. However, the Principal Sudha Pande claimed that the letters were previously sent but keeping in mind the parents requests and their attachment with the school, the management has decided to continue with the school operations.

On the contrary, in the letter, a copy of which is in possession of Nagpur Today, the Principal had expressed her displeasure over the school closure while giving out every fine details regarding the transfer of students. The letter said that schools of matching stature i.e. Centre Point School and St. Joseph’s school have been approached and are willing to admit the students subject to their performance in entrance tests. It added that the classes will continue till 30th September, 2015 or till all the student withdraw, whichever is earlier.

This apart, it is also promised in the letter that the tuition fees paid will be fully refunded for the period July 2015 and thereafter. Also admission fees taken for the session 2015-16 would also be refunded along with the full refund for annual charges for the current session. Similarly, expenses incurred by the parents on books and uniform will also be fully refunded upon producing receipts.

Moreover, the fee refund schedule is also mentioned in the letter that is suppose to be undertaken from August 27 and would continue till August 29, for different classes.

Among the administrative measures cited in the letter include information regarding functioning of office till the said period. School buses will ply on the existing routes till the last working day, the letter added. “We will render all assistance with all matters pertaining to readmission of your children at the mentioned schools (Centre Point and St. Joseph’s),” the principal was quoted as saying in the letter.

We have reversed decision : Principal

Talking to Nagpur Today, the Prinicipal of Millennium School Nagpur Sudha Pande however admitted that the letters were issued but said the decision has been reversed upon the request of parents who approached us out of their emotional attachment with the school. “Keeping in mind the sentiments of the parents, we have decided to continue operations,” she said.

When asked about the  Goverment’s denial of permission to run the school, she claimed, “The Government had not permitted the school to run classes for 9th, for which the permission is required, however that was not the case till 8th class. Now that parents of students from lower classes have approached to continue, we have changed our mind.”

She added that the school administration has already informed about the permission status to the parents, following which many parents approached the management and expressed their support for the school. “Respecting the sentiment of the parents, we have now decided not shut down.”

The Circular

The Circular