Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Wed, Apr 30th, 2014
    Latest News | By Nagpur Today Nagpur News

    Massive fire in shop at Kamptee; material worth lakhs gutted

    Fire-1Nagpur News.

    Material of lakhs of rupees turned to ashes after a shop at Kamptee Road caught fire early Wednesday morning. The Fire Department officials said that material of approximately Rs 30 lakh was gutted in fire.
    The officials informed that fire broke in the shop at Bhakti Transport Goods Garage and godown at National Highway near Pergipura, Kamptee. According to the security guard of the shop, the fire broke as early as 3 am on Wednesday. He informed that he noticed flames and smoke coming out of the shop. He rushed to nearby residents and informed them about the fire. Nearby residents ran helter-skelter to control the fire and meanwhile informed the Fire Department. As many as 5 fire tenders were deployed for the task. However, the fire increased and thus few more tenders were released for the task by Nagpur Fire Department. Officials could control the fire after a struggle of almost 3 hours.
    Sources informed that the shop belonged to Yashwant Kullarkar, a resident of Khasala, Kamptee. The shop was used to transport various materials of traders. When the fire broke, fridge, LCD TV, computers, farmer’s machinery, hardware material were stored in the shop. Officials said that 20 fridges, LCD TV, tire tubes, computers, hardware materials collectively over Rs 30 lakh turned to ashes in the fire.
    Kamptee police reached the spot after being informed and started their investigation ater performing panchanama of the place. Officials said that short circuit might be reason behind this massive fire. However, cops are further investigating the case.


    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145