Published On : Mon, Aug 29th, 2016

Mankapur Sports Complex hostel inmate electrocuted to death

Electrocution in Rajat Apartments at Mankapur (1)

File Pic


Nagpur:
A hostel inmate of Mankapur Sports Complex was electrocuted to death when he was installing an air cooler at his room on Sunday night and received a shock.

The deceased Prashant Vasantrao Fadnis (50), native of Chandrapur, was staying in the hostel of Mankapur Sports Complex, Koradi Road. On Sunday around 8 pm, Prashant was either installing the air cooler at his room or switching it on when he received a powerful jolt. Apparently the cooler was “live” due to unspecified reasons. Prashant collapsed and died on the spot. The incident came to notice of other inmate of the hostel named Ramnaresh Pannalal Gupta (32) when he went to Prashant’s room and found him lying on floor dead.

Mankapur PSI Atram has registered a case of accidental death and probing the matter further.