Published On : Thu, Dec 18th, 2014

Man receives burn injuries, 2 vehicles reduced to ashes as fire breaks out in basement of flats

Nagpur: One person received severe burn injuries and two vehicles were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out in the basement of a flat scheme in the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday. The fire reportedly broke out in an electricity meter.

According to reports, the fire erupted in electricity meter panel board of the flat scheme located in Subhash Nagar Nelco Society Colony at about 1.50 am of Thursday. The late night fire led to commotion and panic gripped the flat owners. One of the flat owners Bhupesh Gupta was coming down by the stair and as soon as he reached the basement, he received severe burn injuries by the leaping flames. Some of the flat owners informed the Fire Brigade. Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was brought under control but not before the two vehicles parked there reduced to ashes. The injured Bhupesh Gupta was taken to a private hospital. Pratap Nagar police too reached the spot on being informed.

It may be recalled a devastating fire in the basement of an apartment building in Gokulpeth a few months ago had claimed lives of five members of two families.

Fire in Playwood shop

File Pic