Nagpur News: In what could be said as a good opportunity for the Pharma students of Nagpur Region , Lupin Limited, one of the top five Indian pharmaceutical companies and Smt. Kishoritai Bhoyar(SKB) College of Pharmacy , Kamptee signed an agreement on Thursday to establish industry-academia connect in the form of student encouragement, exchange and live research projects.
The agreement was signed by Prof. Milind J. Umekar, Principal of SKB College of Pharmacy and T Vijay Kumar, Head HR from Lupin Limited, MIHAN, Nagpur at Hotel Tuli Imperial, Nagpur on Thursday, May 15. “Academia and industry can work together to bridge the gap between industrial and academia connect, maintaining long standing relationship with college and encouraging the students through recognition and reward of the top performing students at the college,” said Dr. Milind Umekar, Principal, SKB.
“The objective of this agreement is to establish Industry and Academia connect, maintaining long standing relationship with College and encouraging the students through recognition and reward of the top performing students at the college,” said Pawan Shrivastav, Corporate HR , Lupin Corporate Office Mumbai.
Shrivastav further added that under this tie-up, the students will be allowed for industrial training & research projects.
• Lupin officials will conduct regular training programmes for overall development of students and faculty of college. The scholarship shall be awarded once a year to the top ranking student of the SKB College in the mentioned courses, B. Pharm and M. Pharm. Such students shall be recognized as “Lupin Scholar”.
• The scholarship amount shall be awarded during the annual function.
• The scholarship shall also include provision for the student to pursue or undergo a LIVE project/ training in Lupin under the guidance of a Lupin officials.
• The college will provide research assistance to various industrial research projects of Lupin. College will provide assistance in training & placements
• This collaboration will help give industrial exposure to students and make them employable.
• At present the employee strength of Lupin Limited Nagpur is 90 employees, mostly are science and pharmacy graduates/post-graduates. In the coming years the number will go up to 500+employees. Maximum employees are from in and around Nagpur region.
• In Great Place to Work survey, Lupin Limited is awarded with Best companies to work for 2013 (India). Lupin is among top 2 in Biotech & Pharma sector continuously for three years in a row.
Smt. Kishoritai Bhoyar College of Pharmacy, Kamptee popularly known as SKB College of Pharmacy was started in 1997 offering a four year Degree course in Pharmacy (B.Pharm) followed by Post-Graduate Course in Pharmacy (M..Pharm) consequently in four specializations (Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics & Pharmacology and Quality Assurance). After its inception within a very short span, labs of the institute got well equipped with standardized and advanced facilities and underwent research work which got signified internationally in peer reviewed scientific journals led to the establishment of Ph. D course in Pharmaceutical Sciences under the guidance of renowned faculties. SKB has a linkage with around 35 national & multinational Pharma Companies. The institute provides high quality education with industrial exposure and 100% placements in Pharma Industry.
Dr. Milind Umekar, Principal, SKB said that this is the first time that a renowned pharmaceutical company is collaborating with a college in central India. Such collaboration will provide a platform to pharmacy students to convert themselves into employable pharma graduate. He also said that the establishment of Lupin will encourage other Pharma Industries to start their plants in MIHAN, Nagpur which will be helpful for the overall development of Vidarbha region.. He also thanked Lupin for selecting their college for Campus Connect. The officials of Lupin also praised the infrastructure of SKB College of Pharmacy. They also appreciated the efforts taken by the college.
Top officials from Lupin were also present during the press conference namely Pawan Shrivastav Corporate HR ,Lupin corporate office Mumbai ,Sumit Salunkhe – Plant Head, Ravindra Mache — Production Head,and Arvind Yadav, Quality &Control,Head, Lupin Ltd Nagpur..
Those prominently present during the event were Prof G.S. Bhoyar, Prof.C.T. Chopde, Prof. R.P. Kale,Prof.A.T. Patil, and teaching staff of SKB Colege of Pharmacy . Nishant Awandekar and Rashmi Trivedi office bearer of Pharma HR Society congratulated Lupin Limited as well as SKB College of Pharmacy for a good beginning.