| | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Mon, Feb 19th, 2018
    Latest News / News 2 | By Nagpur Today Nagpur News

    Kamble family double murder solved

    So finally it all boiled down to money. An exact sum of Rs 7000/ that Sahu family owed Usha Kamble, 50 + years old mother of Nagpur Today Crime Reporter Ravikant Kamble. His wife Rupali, ironically, is a constable with city police. Their innocent infant daughter Rashi, also became a victim of this crime, by dint of being a witness and because her loud cries could have alerted neighbours.

    Usha and her grand daughter Rashi alias Apeksha had gone out together on Saturday evening purportedly to visit a jewelry shop as Ushatai had told her husband before stepping out at 5.30 p.m. When they did not return for some time, her husband tried calling her , but her mobile phone was switched off. Around 10 pm, Ravikant informed the police when he returned from his work. He sent Whatsapp messages to all his groups of friends pleading for some information, any information in their whereabouts but to no avail. Finally, they found only the bodies of the two stuffed in gunny bags and thrown away under a nullah some distance away. Their throats had been slit.

    Police have arrested a grocer Ganesh Sahu, his wife Rupali, two brothers Ankit and Akshay along with cousin Siddhu for questioning in this connection. Prime suspect Ganesh had tried to mislead the investigation earlier and even joined Ravikant and cops in trying to trace his missing mother and daughter.

    Ravikant too expressed shock when Ganesh’s name came up as suspect as latter had been courteous with the family and Ganesh’s mother Geetabai was a friend to Ushabai. “I used to purchase chocolates for my daughters from Ganesh’s shop. He behaved lovingly with them,” he said.

    Police have said prima facie murder appears a fallout of a monetary dispute over Rs 7,000. Ushabai, who a local financial scheme, was miffed with Ganesh who had defaulted on periodic payments as per their deal. Ushabai apparently severely berated Ganesh in presence of his customers. That angered him leading to the double murder. Ganesh’s parents had gone to Surat. Upon interrogation, he told police he killed them on the first floor of his home at about 6 pm and packed the bodies in gunny bags from his shop. Later, he took the bodies in his car and dumped them into a nullah some 3 km away.

    The bodies have been sent for autopsy, the DCP had said.

    The last rites were conducted at 12.30 p.m. today at Dighori ghat.

    Trending In Nagpur
    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145