Nagpur: As usual the Standing Committee of Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) wrapped its meeting in five minutes. But in these five minutes, the meeting approved development proposals worth crores without any tangible discussion and put a contractor in the black list as well.
Briefing media persons over the decisions of the meeting, the Chiarman of Standing Committee Ramesh Singare said that tarring works to the tune of Rs 51.69 lakh to be carried out in Prabhag 64 have been approved. As far as blacklisting of a contractor is concerned, Singare said that M/s Mansoor Enterprises was issued work order of Rs 83.16 lakh for undertaking works related to Electrical Department. But the firm started violating rules and regulations of contract terms hence a decision to put the contractor in black list was approved in the meeting.
Further, the Standing Committee also approved replacing the traditional lights and fans with LED bulbs and power-saving fans in all the buildings and departments of NMC. A Rs 2.50 crore proposal was given approval in the meeting.
Similarly, following works were also approved:
• Prabhag 1: M/s P K Constructions was given the contract to carry out tarring of roads to the tune of Rs 3.10 crore.
• Prabhag 25: M/s Premchand Rachumal bagged the contract for undertaking tarring of roads worth Rs 3.01 crore.
• Prabhag 14: The work of laying C C Pavement and building of roads worth Rs 72.44 lakh was given to M/s P K Constructions.
• Prabhag 16: For carrying out construction and renovation work at Kuttewale Baba Ashram, Rs 39.38 crore were approved.
• Prabhag 32: M/s D C Gurubaxani was given contract to carry out development of roads to the tune of Rs 47.13 lakh.
• Prabhag 37: The proposal of M/s Krukesh Constructions worth Rs 49.47 lakh was ayed.
• Prabhag 18: The work of cement concrete pavement road to M/s Ulhas Enterprises was approved for Rs 49.25 lakh.