The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has notified the dates for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016. The exam is scheduled to be conducted over a span of one week, from January 30 to February 7, 2016.
The schedule of the upcoming examination is mentioned below:
September 1: The process of online application will begin
October 1: Last date for candidates to submit their online application
December 17: Admit cards to be released
January 30 to February 7: GATE to be conducted
March 19: Results to be declared
The candidates who hold any of the following degrees are eligible to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (four years after 10+2 or three years after Diploma in Engineering or Technology)
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (five years)
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science (B.Sc.)
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications or its equivalent
- Four-year integrated Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology
- Five-year integrated Master’s degree or dual degree in Engineering or Technology
- Five-year integrated M.Sc. or five-year integrated B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree
- The candidates who are currently in the final year of their respective course are also eligible to apply.
The aspirants can apply online at www.gate.iisc.ernet.in.
The competitive exam is conducted every year as a gateway to postgraduate courses at the Master’s and Doctoral level across the country, and also to MHRD and other Government Scholarships, Assistantships in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Science. The score obtained by candidates in GATE is also used by few PSUs during their recruitment.