Highlights of Mukesh Ambani’s rollout of the much-anticipated 4G VoLTE service:
* Reliance Jio will move India from data shortage to data abundance.
* Jio’s pricing is about solving customers’ pain points.
* Customer should pay only for one service – voice or data.
* All voice calls for Jio customers will be absolutely free.
* No Jio customer will ever pay for voice calls to any network in India.
* Roaming charges will also be zero.
* I believe that these are the absolute lowest data rates anywhere in the world
* Jio data plans go even further: 5p/ MB or Rs 50/ GB. More data you use, the lower the rate.
* Jio base rate will be 1/10th of other players on data at Rs 50 per GB
* “Life is going digital… I believe in next 20 years we will collectively achieve much more that before.”
* We will become irrelevant if we are not digital in this era. “India and Indians cannot be left behind”
* Data is the oxygen of digital life. Jio is more than just a business. It is a commitment to enrich the life of every Indian.
Ambani announced new Lyf devices with prices starting at Rs 2,999 and going up to Rs 5,999. 4G LTE JioFi router at 1,999. Ensured that entry price for using the network will be low for Indians.
Jio TV will offer access to 300 plus channels. Jio Cinema will have a library of 6000 movies and 1,00,000 episodes of TV shows. Jio music as 10 million songs. Jio Money allows you to go cashless. Apps will be free for all users till December 2017.