Published On : Wed, Dec 3rd, 2014

Fire breaks out in marriage hall; no casualties

Fire in wedding hall
Nagpur
.

Panic and chaos reigned at its peak when a fire broke out in a marriage hall kitchen due to leakage in LPG cylinder. However, no casualties were reported in the incident as Fire Brigade succeeded in dousing the fire in the nick of time.

The fire incident was reported in the Ajni-based Siddheshwar Mangal Karyalaya on Wednesday. An LPG cylinder kept at the kitchen of the marriage hall suddenly caught fire due to leakage. The fire spread to other material kept at the kitchen. As soon as the fire broke out, people present at the hall ran helter-skelter to save their lives. Had the cylinder exploded due to heat of the fire it would have led to a major tragedy as more than 1000 guests were present at the reception basement.

Fire in wedding hall  (2)
The hall was hosting marriage function of Karde and Chandekar families. A woman present at the hall said that the hall is constructed in such a manner that in the event of any untoward incident, it is very difficult to vacate the place immediately and thus posed major risk to the lives of people specifically the kids.

Fire in wedding hall  (5)
Meanwhile some of the guests informed the Fire Brigade about the fire. Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was brought under control. Frightfully, more than eight gas cylinders were kept at the kitchen when the fire broke out. Ironically, no fire-fighting equipment was installed at the marriage hall.

Ajni police have registered an offence in this connection and probing the matter further.

Fire in wedding hall  (3)
Fire in wedding hall  (1)