Nagpur: Monday finally brought good news for Nagpurians who were facing Level-3 like restrictions despite reporting one of the lowest Covid cases in the State. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Monday announced that shops will be permitted to remain open till 8 pm instead of 4 pm in the districts where Covid infections have reduced.
Following which both District Collector R Vimala and Nagpur Municipal Chief Radhakrishnan B have also issued orders in this regard.
Restrictions to the extent mentioned below have been modified –
l) AII essential and non-essential shops (including shopping malls) to remain open on all weekdays till 8 PM and till 3 PM on Saturday. All shops and malls except essential shops to remain closed on Sundays.
2) All Public Gardens and playgrounds can be kept open for the purpose of exercise, walking, jogging and cycling.
3) All Government and Private Offices can be operational with full capacity. Staggering of work hours to be done to avoid crowds while travelling.
4) The offices that can function through working from home should continue to do so.
5) All agricultural activity, Civil Works, Industrial activity, transport of goods can remain
functional at full capacity.
6) Gymnasiums, Yoga Centers, Hair Cutting salons, beauty parlors, Spa’s can remain opcn
without use of air-ccnditioners and with 50% capacity till 8 PM on weekdays and till 3
PM on Saturdays. The said services will remain closed on Sundays.
7) All cinema theaters, drama theaters and multiplexes (independent and inside malls) to
remain closed till further orders.
8) All places of worship in the Nagpur district to remain closed till further orders.
9) The orders ofthe State Education department and the Higher and Technical Department
will be applicable for schools and colleges
l0) All restaurants will remain open with 50% seating capaciry till 4 PM on weekdays subject to adherence to all COVID l9 protocols. Parcel and Takeaway to be allowed as is allowed currently.
11) Restrictions on movement will be applicable from 9 PM to 5 AM.
12) In order to avoid crowding, restrictions imposed on birthday celebration, Political, Social and Cultural events, elections, election campaigning, rallies, protest marches to
l3) All COVID 19 protocols – use of masks, social distancing etc. to be scrupulously followed across the Nagpur city by all the citizens. Failure in stringent adherence to the same will result in action on the defaulters under relevant sections of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the Epidemic Act and Section 1860 ofthe Indian Penal Code.