Nagpur: Facing severe flak from all quarters on NPA front, the Punjab National Bank (PNB) has made public the list of willful defaulters on its website. 11 companies from Nagpur figure in the dubious list. On the other hand, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CB) has flexed its muscles to crack down on the defaulting industrialists including Vijay Mallya the chief of now defunct Kingfisher Airlines who willfully started skipping the bank loans. The PNB alone has to recover a staggering Rs 11,000 crore from 950 willful defaulters across the country including from Nagpur.
The State Bank of India (SBI) is the biggest ‘loser’ as far as willful defaulters is concerned. SBI has to recover Rs 6000 crore from Mallya’s Kingfisher Airlines and his UBS Group. The CBI sleuths too are pondering over the fact that why the PNB took two years of time to declare Mallya a willful defaulter. “This aspect is also a matter of investigation,” said the CBI.
In the national-level list of PNB the defaulters are: Kingfisher – Rs 1500 crore, Winson Diamond and Jewellery — Rs 900 crore, Forever Precious Jewellery and Diamond – Rs 747 crore, Zoom Developers – Rs 410 crore, NAFED – Rs 224 crore and S Kumar Nation Worldwide – Rs 146 crore.
The eleven companies of Nagpur in the list of willful defaulters:
- Name Amount
- Ashish Industries Rs 59.44 lakh
- Linkson International Ltd Rs 6343.07 lakh
- Linkson Ispat & Energies Ltd Rs 3101.55 lakh
- Maa Bhagwati Trading Rs 50.31 lakh
- Maitreyee Wardrobe Rs 49.82 lakh
- Padmavati Disposables Rs 122.21 lakh
- Shikhar Steel Industries Rs 37.76 lakh
- Shri Dairy Rs 72.15 lakh
- Samarth Yogiraj Petroleum Rs 49.77 lakh
- Sunil Mobiles Rs 63.18 lakh
- Techno Fab Engineers Rs 640.09 lakh