Nagpur: On 16th Nov. 2015, 1.5 lakh members of IMA will come on roads all over the country to protest against the various laws over the medical community. The excessive laws over the doctors and clinical establishment has made not only the medical profession is difficult to practice but also made it out of bounds of the common man, because of the increased cost of the Medicare.
The Doctor-Patient relationship has reached to very low web due to mechanics involved in the law implementation by the appropriate authorities. The intolerant, mischievous elements including the so called half cooked political persons under the garb of social workers are attacking the medical establishments of doctors, in spite of the existing tough law to protect the doctors and their establishments.
IMA wants the healthcare within the reach of a common man, which is possible only if various laws take practical shape for its implementation and not in a mechanical way on papers. IMA also wants to cement and preserve Doctor-Patient relationship to enable to medicos to give their best for their patients, especially in the instances of emergencies.
What the doctors’ want …… the 5 C’s
1) Central Act for Protection of Doctors and Medical establishments
2) Capping on Compensation: When capping for sterilisation death why not for others?
3) Say no to Crosspathy: Prescription scheduled drugs in the hands of unqualified doctors are dangerous
4) Clinical Establishment Act amendments: Single clinic registration will make treatment costly and beyond reach of a common man
5) Child-Female Foeticide: PCPNDT act should have graded punishments
The IMA will be ONE VOICE all over the country on 16th Nov. 2015 at the same time with the same program by all State / Local Branches of IMA.
The Nagpur IMA in a procession will go to the collector and handover the memorandum.