Published On : Fri, May 13th, 2016

Distressed Nargis Fakhri leaves for New York post break up with Uday Chopra

Uday Chopra Nargis Fakhri
A week before the release of Azhar, Nargis Fakhri flew down to New York, for reasons best known to her. She was also missing from the Housefull 3 promotion event held last week.

Though the reason behind her sudden visit to NY wasn’t clear, in our interview the actress had said that she is very tired and needs a break. And now according to a popular daily, the reason for Nargis’ visit to NY is because she has suffered a nervous breakdown.

An insider informed the daily, “While she promoted a few events, she completely lost interest mid-way and two days ago, left the country. She has flown off to New York, leaving Azhar, Housefull 3 mid-way and the schedule of Banjo incomplete. She has ditched the producers there, too, leaving them high and dry.”

“The Azhar team was stumped when Nargis told them she was suffering from an injury and couldn’t promote the film. But a friend of the actress says that she has had a nervous breakdown and she had packed her bags and left for her hometown (New York City)! She told her close friends that she was not in the state of mind to work and needed to get out of the country. She also told the producers of Banjo that she would adjust the dates and will shoot when she’s back. With 97 per cent of the film complete and just some patchwork left, the producers are scratching their heads about what to do,” another source informed the newspaper.

While some have blamed the injury for Nargis’ disapperance, some feel it is the upheaval in her personal life that has led to this. Says a source, “Nargis was all set to announce her wedding to Uday Chopra, but he’d changed his mind about getting hitched and this came as a shock to her. There was a time when he was very keen to marry her and had proposed to her, but she wanted to focus on her career and Hollywood films. Now, the tables have turned. She had a huge fight with him, suffered a nervous breakdown and left almost overnight.”