Published On : Fri, May 17th, 2013
Latest News | By Nagpur Today Nagpur News

Devastating fire reduces In Cable office to ashes, loss put at whopping Rs 5 crore


Nagpur News:

In a devastating fire that broke out in the In Cable office, which provides thousands of cable connections to consumers in Nagpur,  destroyed costly goods and equipments and reduced the office to the ashes.


According to Fire Brigade sources, the In Cable office, situated in front of Patrakar Bhavan in Dhantoli, was devoured by a massive fire that broke out in the morning hours. The Fire Officer of the Fire Brigade Chandekar said, 15 fire tenders were pressed into the operation to douse the fire. The fire was brought finally under control but it was too late for the In Cable office which incurred a whopping loss of Rs 5 crore as costly cables, hi-tech machineries and other goods were swallowed by the fire.

According to Fire Brigade sources, the fire erupted due to short circuit, and, the firemen had to face several difficulties in dousing the fire as the In Cable office was situated in the busy area. Howeve, the fire was brought under control after great efforts on the part of Fire Brigade personnel.