The Delivery Manager is the deputy Functional Manager for the Practice. At this capacity the Delivery Manager will manage the portfolios of outsourced enterprise scale customers, to facilitate rapid growth & increase in their market share. The Delivery Manager manages a team of Project Manager and Software Engineers at various levels of experience.
The Delivery Manager reports to the Practice Leader and works closely with the Practice Leader to ensure that the practice is on path for the set technical and financial targets.
- Understand Zeon’s business plan, its core services offering.
- Understand practice financials in details.
- Understand Zeon’s financials at high level.
- Provide ideas to grow sales & reduce costs.
- Understand customers, their goals & objectives, revenues, & goals.
- Guiding Project Managers on Possible improvement to do better deliveries.
- Generate the practice delivery report providing statistics of work done vs. earned value.
- Involve in per sales activities with sales team for RFP responses, cost & budget, estimates & skills.
- Review the project pipeline and plan for resource requirements.
- High level understanding of all project scope, project plans, schedules, assumptions, resources, status.
- Ongoing support & collaboration to PMs for successful deliveries via appropriate resourcing & planning.
- Resource management & allocation for the ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Coordinate with HR Team for fulfilling the open positions and hiring process.
- Continuously develop and evolve processes for effective & efficient deliveries.
- Monitor & ensure usage of best practices for development.
- Monitor & ensure quality output from development teams.
- Monitor & ensure usage of available Tools & Policies.
- Review customer satisfaction reports.
- Ongoing development of frameworks & tool sets for future.
- Oversee Project Closure & lesson learnt from completed project.
- Will be coordinating the Magento Practice eCommerce services in an Off-shore/On-Shore model.
- Will be closely working with Technical Teams for developing methodologies & processes for project environment setup, development and deployment.
- Directly overseeing initiation, planning, scheduling & establishing accountability for complex projects.
- Indirectly manage the life cycle and deliveries of all the Magento projects.
- Reviewing the Project status with Project Managers.
- Review the Quality Assurance reports with QA Manager and initiate corrective processes.
- Drive the Zeon VALUES & PHILOSOPHY throughout the practice.
- Manage a team of Project Managers and Software Engineers of junior, mid and senior level.
- Overall resource planning & management (Measure effectiveness & efficiencies).
- Direct reports (mentoring, coaching, day to day support, trusted adviser, accountability).
- Build & execute development plans for direct reports.
- Bolster ownership and accountability within direct reports and guide them to drive the same behaviour throughout practice and encourage innovation.
- Will be responsible for Performance appraisal cycle of all the resources.
- Will be accountable for overall training and development of the resources.
- Will be responsible for decisions of hiring and releasing of the resources.
Communication & Reporting
- Own Practice Sites.
- Maintain the Project Dashboard.
- Maintain the Resource Dashboard.
- Maintain the Practice KPIs.
- BE is must MCA/MCM/MBA will be prefered with total 9+ years of Experience in IT industry
- PMP Certification will be a added advantage.
- 2+ years of experience in managing 5+ direct reports at the level of Project Managers/Module Lead.
- 4+ years of manager experience in managing a team of 40+ direct/indirect reporters.
- Strong Business acumen.
- Strong technology background in eCommerce implementations.
- Strong project management background.
- Should have experience in delivering multiple projects of mixed nature, time/cost model, fixed price model or long term engagements.
- Should have experience in working with clients from discovery through deployment.
- Resource planning skills (Balanced resourcing per project, utilization, efficiency, etc.).
- Should possess excellent skills in talent development and nurturing future leaders.
- Should have the ability to identify the need and establish new processes to increase the security, quality & efficiency of the PMO practice.
- Keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Customer focused.
- Strong On-site/Off-Site coordination skill.
- Should be capable of transforming a Code Red situation in Green.
- Should have the ability to motivate, mentoring & coaching the team members.
Eligible Candidates should apply at the link below.
*Please mention you saw the job advertised on Nagpur Today
** Jobs subject to availability