Days after he held a late night vigil to protest the rape cases in Kathua of Jammu and Kashmir and Unnao of Uttar Pradesh, Congress President Rahul Gandhi addressed “Jan Akrosh Rally” in Delhi today.
Mr Gandhi, at the national-level rally at the Ramlila Ground, attacked the BJP government ruling at the centre over the unfulfilled poll promises. Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also spoke at the event.
“Four years ago, people believed you. Now, they see through your lies. Your silence is also an answer which the nation has heard and rejected. But this anger has now been channelized,” the Congress said in an article on its website ahead of the rally.
Here some of the highlights of his speech.
– Under PM Modi, for the the first time in the history of our country, Supreme Court judges have had to reach out to people for justice
– The PM never speaks on Nirav Modi and the other frauds who looted India’s money and left the country
– Be it the Rafale deal or Piyush Goyal’s scams, there is widespread corruption. And ‘desh ka chowkidaar’ is silent on graft cases and scams
– Elections are coming up in Karnataka. The PM talks about corruption and says he is fighting it. On the same stage, next to him, is BS Yeddyurappa, who has been in jail
– Modi silent on “weakening” of country’s institutions, Loya case
– PM Modi snatched away the Rafale deal from an experienced PSU like HAL and gave it away to an inexperienced private entity owned by his friend:
– When PM Modi speaks, people have to search hard for shreds of truth within his speeches
– I interact with many people around the country. Whenever I ask them if they are happy with the Modi Govt, the reply is a resounding NO
– PM Modi did not say single word on Doklam during his visit to China, what kind of prime minister is he