Published On : Mon, Sep 7th, 2015

Aged man working in Vicco factory dies of electrocution

Nagpur: The city on Friday reported three accidental deaths including electrocution of a worker in Vicco factory in MIDC.

Bhimrao Pundlikrao Ingalkar (60), resident of Nagalwadi, MIDC lost his life when he came in contact with a live electric wire around 9 am on Friday while working in Vicco Factory located in Nildoh area of MIDC. Bhimrao received jolt of his life while carrying out a job. The sudden shock left Bhimrao unconscious. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors pronounced him brought dead.

MIDC PSI Patankar registered a case of accidental death and probing the matter further. Talking to Nagpur Today, PI Bhoye said that investigation into the death of Bhimrao is being carried out from all angles. If the management of Vicco factory is found guilty of negligence, an offence will be registered against the concerned authorities, said PI Bhoye.

In another incident, the deceased Manoj Ramesh Mahakale (27) of Tandapeth was sleeping on terrace of his house. In the midnight of September 3, Manoj woke up for attending nature’s call. As he was walking in half sleep, Manoj lost balance and came crashing down on the ground with a thud. He was taken to Mayo Hospital but succumbed to his injuries on September 6 while undergoing treatment.

In the third incident, Suresh Bamnet (46), residing near Kundanlal Gupta Library in Imamwada, was taking bath at about 5.15 pm on Friday. He suddenly slipped and received critical head injuries. Suresh was rushed to GMCH but was pronounced brought dead by the treating doctors. A case of accidental death has been registered at Imamwada Police Station by Woman PSI Hirode.