Nagpur: Sleeping of floor of house proved fatal for a 60-year old man as a venomous snake bit him on Friday night. The old man succumbed to the lethal venom on Sunday evening during the course of treatment.
The deceased, Kartik Mahesh Manoniya (60), resident of Nehru Nagar, behind Ashutosh Showroom, was sleeping on the floor of his house on Friday, November 3. Around 10 pm, he was bitten by a snake on right hand. Kartik was rushed to Mayo Hospital. However, he succumbed to the venomous bite on around 7.15 pm on Sunday while undergoing treatment. The species of the poisonous snake could not be ascertained.
Nandanvan PSI N P Mohad has registered a case of accidental death. Further probe is on.