A Central Counseling Board (CCB) constituted by the Govt. of India co-ordinated admissions to UG degree programmes in Engineering, technology and architecture in NITs, IIITs/IIITM/IIITDM will start from July 15.
The admissions against the first round allotment at VNIT, Nagpur will begin from July 15.
There are 30 NITs, 12 IIITs/IIITM/IIITDM and 16 other Central/State Government Funded Institutes (GFTIs) and some Self-Financed Technical Institutes (SFTIs), list displayed on CSAB website will admit candidates on the basis of their All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Main)-2014 to the first year of Engineering/Technology and Architecture / Planning Programs through a centralized seat allocation procedure, for the academic session 2014-15.
All the successful candidates of JEE (Main) -2014 and the eligible candidates will participate in the CSAB-2014 admission process.
The list of participating institutes is given on the CSAB-2014 website along with links to individual institutes. Candidates are advised to do a due diligence regarding the participating institutes with regard to the courses offered, fee structure and other relevant facts, before filling choices of institutes and courses during counseling.
Candidates after getting an allotment in any one of the institutes are required to take timely decision, so that in case they vacate the seat, the same can be offered to other eligible candidates.
CSAB-2014 would bring out important and relevant information from time to time for smooth implementation of counseling. All such information that is periodically updated would be available on the CSAB-2014 website www.csab.nic.in. Candidates should frequently visit this website, as well as the website of the institute where they are planning to join.
Schedule of activities for admissions in 1st year Engineering
- 1st round of seat allotment- July 14, 2014.
- Reporting at the Reporting Centers against 1st Round on July 15(Tue) to July 17(Thu), 2014 till 5 PM.
- 2nd Round of seat allotment- July 19(Sat), 2014
- Reporting at the Reporting Centers against 2nd Round- July 19 (Sat) to July 21(Mon) till 5 PM.
- 3rd Round of seat allotment- July 23 (Wed), 2014.
- Reporting at the Reporting Centers against 3rd Round – July 23(Wed) to July 25(Fri), 2014 till 5 PM .
- Surrendering of seat at RC by those candidates, who are not satisfied with allotted seat-July 23 (Wed) July 25(Fri), 2014till 5 PM.
- Reporting at Allotted Institute those who are satisfied- July 23(Wed) to July 26(Sat), 2014, till 5 PM.
- Modification of Choice for 4th Round- July 23(Wed) to July 26(Sat), 2014 till 5 PM.
- 4th Round of seat allotment- July 28, 2014 (Mon)
- Reporting at the Allotted Institute against 4th Round- July 28(Mon) to July31(Thu), 2014 till 5 PM.
- Result declaration for Internal sliding- August 02(Sat), 2014.
- Spot round: Online Registration, online
- Choice filling, online choice locking & online Fee Payment- August 2(Sat) toAugust 5(Tue), 2014 till 5PM.
- Spot round – Seat Allotment- August 8(Fri), 2014 .
- Reporting at the Allotted Institute against Spot Round- August 8(Fri) to Aug 12(Tue), 2014till 5PM.
- Finally the admissions will be closed on August 12,2014.