Published On : Thu, Nov 12th, 2015

A 5-year-old dies soon after eating a cracker, mistaking it for a chocolate!

Ratnagiri/ Nagpur: A 5-year-old child accidentally died when she ate a cracker mistaking it to be a chocolate.
The tragic incident occurred Tisangi village under Khed tahsil of Ratnagiri district.

According to sources, Damini Nikam, 5 years old, was playing in front of her house on Diwali day. She happened to notice certain types of crackers lying on the ground. Mistaking a cracker for chocolate, she ate it.

Having noticed the child, her mother picked her up and rushed her to  the nearest health care centre, but she could not be save during treatment.

According to Khed police station sources, a case under various sections of Indian Penal Code has been registered, and further investigation is under way.