New Delhi: Ahead of the budgets session, President Ram Nath Kovind addresses the joint sitting of two Houses of Parliament.
During his first address to the Parliament, Kovind said that he is hopeful that triple talaq bill is passed by Parliament so that Muslim women can live with dignity.
“Hope Parliament will soon pass the bill to ban instant triple talaq,” the President said.
Kovind also said that 2018 is important year for realising dream of new India.
He also said that the government is keen on reducing economic disparity.
Here are some of the highlights:-
– Babasaheb Ambedkar used to say that without economic and social democracy, political democracy is unstable
– It is our duty that when we celebrate Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary in 2019 we pay tribute to him by making our country completely clean
– 2.70 Lakh Common Service Centers have been set up across the nation. These Centers provide digital service at low rates for various services even in the far off remote areas
– Work has started to connect villages with Broadband connectivity. 2.5 lakh Panchayats have already been connected so far
– The government is committed to double the income of farmers by the year 2022
– To bring everyone closer to development, work under ‘Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojana’ is being done speedily. In 2014 only 56% villages were connected to roads, today more than 82% villages have road connectivity with the majority being in remote areas