Published On : Tue, Apr 10th, 2018

1.7 Lakh Aspirants Registered for UPSEE 2018; Admit Cards to be Out on April 20

UPSEE or the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination is one of the most sought after exams in UP for admission into various undergraduate or postgraduate courses at institutions or colleges of the state. In 2016, nearly 1.5 lakh aspirants registered for UPSEE. The number has escalated to 1.7 lakh registrations in 2018. The registration window for UPSEE closed down on March 30, 2018.

Here is All You Need to Know About UPSEE 2018

This year a majority of candidates didn’t pay for the application fee after they successfully registered for UPSEE. Such candidates were given a chance to submit the fee latest by April 1, 2018. After the payment window shut down on April1, it was seen that nearly 1.1 lakh aspirants applied for engineering courses.

UPSEE, conducted by AKTU (formerly known as UPTU), will be conducted on April 29, 2018 for admission in the various undergraduate courses likeB.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Arch in reputed colleges of the state. The admit cards or hall tickets for the same will be released on April 20, 2018. For the courses like BHMCT/ BFAC/ BFA/ MBA (integrated) or the diploma holders in engineering, pharmacy and BSc, the exam will be conducted on May 5, 2018. For masters programs like MBA, MCA and lateral entry in MCA, the date of examination is April 6, 2018. Candidates who qualify their respective examinations according to the merit list prepared by universities, will be given admission in courses of their choice.

After summing up the registration process, the university will now release the admit card for the exam to be conducted on April 29, 2018. To get access to the hall ticket, candidates will have to visit the official website of the university from April 20, 2018 (11:00 a.m.onwards). Then the candidates will have to enter their registration number/ login ID and password to log in and download the admit card.

Admit card for UPSEE 2018 will contain the basic details of the candidate such as name, roll number/ application number, exam center and address, date and timing of the exam etc. After downloading the admit card if any candidate finds any erroneous detail in it, he/she is recommended to contact the university at the earliest. A candidate with mistake in the admit card details will otherwise be debarred from giving the examination.

UPSEE 2018 is to be conducted partly in the online mode and partly offline. This is because paper 01- paper 04 are OMR based whereas paper 05- paper 11 are computer based. There is no negative marking in the exam. However, a record of incorrect answers will be kept separately by the exam’s conducting body. For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded to the candidate.

On the basis of one’s performance in UPSEE 2018 for all the courses, a merit list will be made by the university that will comprise the merit ranks, composite scores and marks scored in the individual subjects. The list will be published by the university on its official website after the declaration of results. On the basis of results, 100% seats will be filled in government/government aided colleges of the state while 85% seats will be filled in private colleges. The rest 15% seats will be reserved for the management quota candidates.

Candidates are advised to study hard according to the syllabus prescribed by the university. The previous years’ question papers can help one greatly in fetching a good score in UPSEE 2018.

—Sponsored Post

Stay Updated : Download Our App
Advertise With Us