Published On : Tue, Oct 10th, 2017

Old woman dies of electric shock in Jaripatka

Man-electrocuted
Nagpur: An aged woman lost her life due to electric shock when she accidentally touched a “live” cooler. The tragic incident took place in Jaripatka jurisdiction on Monday evening.

The deceased Gangabhagarathi alias Devikabai Baburao Shende (62), resident of Indora Barakholi, Jaripatka was sitting beside a cooler in her house around 4.15 pm on Monday. The cooler was “live” with powerful electric current. Unaware of the danger, Devikabai touched the cooler or her left hand accidentally came in contact with the menacing cooler. As a result, she received powerful jolt and her hand also got severely burned. She was immediately taken to Mayo Hospital but the doctors there pronounced her dead on admission.

Jaripatka ASI Vinayak Verkar, on the basis of information, has registered a case of accidental death and probing the matter further.

Stay Updated : Download Our App
Sunita Mudaliar - Executive Editor
Advertise With Us