IMA, Nagpur supports Nationwide Token Strike
Nagpur News : In a Press Release by IMA Nagpur said that they Protests the brutal attack on the Medical Students of GSVM Medical College, Kanpur by the Samajwadi Party MLA, Shri Irfan Solanki and his supporters on 28th Feb. 2014.
Till date no proper action has been initiated on the MLA and the police personnel involved.
Assault on doctors is highly condemnable and shameful act by the hooligans and miscreants of the society who under the garb of emotion and sentiments torture doctors and ransack the property of the medical establishments.
One can visualize the state of the society if the law makers themselves connive with miscreants and become law breakers. We strongly demand and un-conditional apology from the persons concerned and seek assurance from the Govt. about the non-repetition of such incidents in future.
IMA demands for the following actions to be taken :
- Immediate revocation of all charges against the arrested medical students and assurance for their safe transit from the Jail to medical campus.
- Shri. Irfan Solanki should immediately be arrested and FIR should be lodged on attempted murder, abduction illegal/unauthorized use of force, assault on doctors on duty and damage to Govt. property.
- SSP, Shri. Yashashvi Yadav should immediately be suspended from duty and FIR should be lodged on the above grounds.
- There should be a judicial enquiry into the incidence at the level of working or retired judge.
- All cases against agitating doctors and students should be withdrawn.
- In future to prevent any such incident, proper security of doctors both Govt. and Private should be ensured.
- There should be adequate compensation for the physical, psychological and economical losses occurred to the medical students and doctors.
- Unconditional written apology by the all the administrative and political personnel responsible for maintenance of law and order and assurance of human rights.
Today, IMA is a well established Association with a membership of 2-3 lakh doctors spread over 1700 branches in almost all the districts of India. IMA is reaching to approximately 33 crores of people every month and ensuring affordable and accessible quality healthcare in India.
Patients expect all types of treatment from the doctors and the doctors at all odd times cater to the patients’ illness and their emergencies. But when the doctor is assaulted and the hospital property is damaged no body steps forward to protect the doctor. The safety of the doctors is a big problem posed before us.
It has been decided by IMA, Nagpur to have a one day token strike on Thursday the 6th of March 2014 to express its anguish on such incidents. OPDs will remain closed for the said period. Only emergency services will remain functional.