Cong nominates its 3 members to Standing Committee, 10 panels formed in NMC’s GBM
Nagpur: Congress on Saturday filled up its quota of three members on Standing Committee. The party has nominated Harish Gwalvanshi from West Nagpur, Sayyeda Begum Nizamuddin Ansari from Central Nagpur and Manoj Sangole from North Nagpur.
At the outset, as the GBM commenced on Monday morning, the Leader of Opposition Sanjay Mahakalkar handed over a sealed envelope containing the three names to Mayor Nanda Jichkar. Thereafter, NMC Secretary Harish Dubey announced the names of three Congress Corporators being nominated to Standing Committee from Congress quota.
Later, formation of various committees was also announced in the GBM. The committees are as follows:
Estate and Projects Committee:
- Chairman: Sanjay Bangale, Vice Chairman: Abhay Gotekar, both of BJP, Members: Sushma Chaudhary, Pallavi Shamkule, and Dr Jyoti Dekate, all BJP; Rashmi Uike, Purshottam Hazare, both of Congress and Mohd Jamal of BSP.
Medical Services and Health Committee:
- Chairman: Manoj Chaple, Vice Chairman: Pramod Kourti, both of BJP, Members: Lakhan Yerawar, Vishakha Bante, Vijay Chutele, all BJP, Bhavana Lonare and Asha Uike of Congress and Vandana Chandekar of BSP.
Law Special Committee:
- Chairman: Adv Meenakshi Telgote, Vice Chairperson: Vishakha Mohod, both of BJP, Members: Amar Bagde, Savita Chakole of BJP, Harshala Sable and Gargi Chopra of Congress and Jitendra Ghodeswar of BSP.
Education Special Committee:
- Chairman: Dilip Diwe, Vice Chairman: Bihare, both of BJP, Members: Swati Akhatkar, Jhalke, Sonkusre, Pramila Mathrani, all BJP, Ujwala Bankar, Darshana Dhawad of Congress and Mohd Ibrahim of BSP.
Dalit Basti Eradication and Housing Committee:
- Chairperson: Chetana Tank, Vice Chairperson: Vandana Yangatwar, both of BJP, Members: Sunil Hiranwar, Masram, Durga Hattithele, Mangala Khekre, all BJP, Sneha Nikose, Manoj Sangole of Congress and Narendra Walde of BSP.
Sports Special Committee:
- Chairman: Nagesh Sahare, Vice Chairman: Pramod Tabhane, both of BJP, Members: Pradeep Pohane, Kanta Rarokar, Neha Waghmare, Sanjay Chawre, all BJP, Dinesh Yadav, Ramesh Punekar of Congress and Niranka Bhivgade of BSP.
Women and Children Welfare Committee:
- Chairperson: Varsha Thakre, Vice Chairperson: Shraddha Pathak, both of BJP, Members: Laxmi Yadav, Divya Ghurde, Vandana Bhagat, Parinita Fukey, all BJP, Sakshi Raut, Jisan Mumtaj Irfan of Congress and Vaishali Narnavre of BSP.
Water Works Special Committee:
- Chairman: Rajesh Ghodpage, Vice Chairman: Mahendra Dhanvijay, both of BJP, Members: Deepak Chaudhary, Gopichand Kumre, Sheshrao Gotmare, Rupali Thakur, all BJP, Neha Nikose, Zulfikar Ahmed Bhutto of Congress and Sanjay Burrewar of BSP
Tax Assessment and Tax Collection Committee:
- Chairman: Avinash Thakre, Vice Chairman: Yashasvi Nandanwar, both of BJP, Members: Sonali Kadu, Madhuri Thakre, Sheetal Kamde, Vandana Bhure, all BJP, Parasram Manvatkar, Tanaji Vanve of Congress and Mangala Lanjewar of BSP.
Fire Brigade and Electrical Committee:
- Chairman: Sanjay Balpande, Vice Chairman: Pramod Chikhle, both of BJP, Members: Virendra Kukreja, Lahukumar Behete, Rajkumar Shahu, Vanita Dandekar, all BJP, Saeeda Begum, Harish Gwalvanshi of Congress and Mamata Sahare of BSP.
Apart from formation of these 10 committees, the Mayor has been authorised to nominate two members on Special Purpose Vehicle formed under Smart City Mission. Since BJP and Congress have their members on this committee, one each nominee of BSP and Shiv Sena could be nominated. Also a one-member committee headed by former Mayor Pravin Datke has been formed to look into increase in charges of NMC’s shops and establishments.